Friday 18 August 2017

Photo*!#cket



Pictures. I like them. I take lots of them. I also uploaded loads of them to photobucket.com so they'd magically appear on here.. Except now they seem to want $400 a year before they will do any wand waving. Words like Ransomware and extortion spring to mind...

Hmmm...fortunately being reasonably proficient in casting the odd web spell myself I've figured out that sites.google.com will kindly throw pixie dust on my photoblog pictures so they appear where I want them... however re-writing my incantations to remove the three separate references to photobucket.com for every picture that appears in my photo gallery entries still took up most of last weekend.

 Expelliarmus eh reader?

3 comments:

kerry said...

About a month ago I had to get Mark to download all my photos off of Flickr because I could no longer afford premium for some time now. It was fine because I haven't been adding any new photos to it anyway, but then they sent me an email that they were going to start deleting photos over...whatever the threshold was, which I'm pretty sure I was over. So it was a mad dash to follow their link to have them zip file all my photos and have them mail it to me. It's still sitting somewhere--on Mark's computer, I'm guessing, because I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Not only do I not have an external hard drive, I don't even have a computer anymore. Sure, fine, I have one of the kids' cast-off laptops, but it takes about 8 years to download all the updates everytime I try to get on it that I just shove it back under the bed.

STU said...

I seem to remember seeing something about Flickr recently too, fortunately I don't use it for back up or anything and I doubt if I'd reach their limits for free accounts anyway, wasn't there something with them too about deleting free accounts if the were deemed in any way nsfw? in other words save the children..but if you pay its fine upload whatever you like. I think onedrive still has 5gb free storage and google 15gb if you need it

kerry said...

I have onedrive, but I'm not sure I want to use it. They'll just have to stay zipped for now.